It's Sacket's Harbor weekend and we are past the point of no return. I think I the team will actually have enough players and, except for playing from 10 am to 2 pm in the 90F heat with 100% humidity, it should be great. I will park on the bench. Shouting things. Waving my hands at outfielders who ignore me. I may chew on a cigar but all of mine are Cubans. Filthy habit anyway. Bought some before the RMC game and couldn't give them away. Shared on a few nights later and felt like crap the whole next day. What the hell has happened to me?
- • Why does some kid blowing of his job warrant 1,295 comments? 24 year old quits job hardly deserves that kinda attention. But maybe there was an earlier post I missed - 23 year old slacks off at work.
- • A greed. fancy schmansy tiny portions are pure evil. "Would you like some more?" is not.
- • Best description of Harper I have ever seen - he's a centrist like 80% of Canadians. The power of the centrists is so strong is makes conservatives and socialists think they are in charge. Mental mind control of their brains... that's what's going on.
- • PEI is spending $500 per person to bring tourists there. Think of the underlying economic policy thought that requires. Even HB weeps now.
- • I love the beer nerd as record store clerk circa 1982 imagery. The slight rush when the guy taking your paper money nods in approval at your purchase. "Their best album... definitely under rated..."
There. Another week gone. Summer. Steak tonight. Bad banjo playing by the pool as I sip Belgian beer. That's what I'm talking about.