The months fly like weeks now. Even though there is a killing frost today and overnight, it's just a blip. February is almost a full month in the past. Summer sports sign ups start this weekend.
- Find This Guy. Hunt. Him. Out. Update: "It's Gen X. They may look old to you but they aren't Boomers."
- Kottke points us to the greatest idea ever - shoes that make everyone the same height..
- Is the leftification of Stephen Harper complete? Giving the Fraser Institute a raspberry for not appreciating stimulus spending. Contemplating a pro-choice vote? Why doesn't he just run for the leadership of the Grits, win and then we can all give him a majority?
- Ben isn't exactly reinventing blogging but he has had a good week.
- Benny? Not such a good week. But this is the best journalist's name to story being covered combo. Ever.
- This is actually something I had wondered about: "This is a war zone -- not an amusement park."
- Sadly, it took a little Calgary boy to stand for freedom, to point out that when someone is talking stoopid, you laugh and point. Eight year old Omar Mohammed's sign read "I don't have a camel or a flying carpet. Can yo lend me your broomstick?" RIMSHOT!!!
- You have no idea how successful a university program is until their team chokes in the Sweet 16 and then every talking head on US TV and every voice on US talk radio is a bitching and moaning 'Cuse grad.
There may be more. I need coffee. Don't you? Don't you really need a coffee, too?
Update: the greatest moment in my personal cultural history, the launching of the Bluenose. The neighbouring kid in elementary school was Capt. Walter's grandson.
We Nova Scotians are all that kid - dreaming of the high seas and danger, hoping for an income moderately better than the neighbours and comfortable with clothes that smell like fish. I understand her trick was to naturally bite slightly deeper into a wave when she fell upon it rather than being pushed away.