You take the day off to see two power houses take each other on and it is a snooze fest. You take an early lunch to sneak a peak at an unlikely match between Italy and Slovakia and its a masterpiece. Bring on the knockout round. Bring on the need to win. Today's game was like the second period in a late November Leafs game. Yawn. Not even any Brazilian drumming to be heard over the buzz of the hive. I woke up at 10:35 for this?
- Have you been reading my Ontario Craft Beer Week posts? I was made a personal event. Me and all of beer. First on the list even. Mother was so proud when she heard.
- I was a 'quake news source this week, too.
- Was there ever a headline as politically incorrect - even if true - as this one?
- You do not have control of your own nicknames. Nicknames are one little reminder of how Thatcher was wrong about there being no such thing as society.
- Watched some Fete Nationale coverage on CBC TV last night. Why is that not broadcast with English translation? Even I - with my grade 8 French - could get what was going on. Ontario needs a bit of that. Could you imagine? Poets and politicians getting responsive chanting over "ENGLISH! ENGLISH!" I'd be quite the thing. Then we'd all sing the "Black Fly" song.
- Just remember - the 1770s were not all that long ago legally. Right to silence? We don't need no frikkin' right to silence!
That's all. I can't give any more. There are only 12 of you left anyway. Ben, Hans... maybe. It's like getting to be as hip as sending audio letters on 8 track this blogging stuff.