And a vintage base ball weekend. Just as I am getting to the point that I am not much use on the field anymore - as much from never actually having played baseball as being creaky - others are joining up who are actually good at the game. A cricketer even. Someone having the instinct to dive towards a line drive barehanded is pretty stunning to see. Me? Cricked neck and twinged back means the ball dropped near by. That could be a haiku.
Cricked neck and twinged back
Green grass, still play, a bat swings:
The ball falls too near.
Maybe we call it "Forty-seven".
- Is Chantal Hébert the cleverest person in Canada? I think so.
- Last game of the season for Morton again will decide if they stay up or fall.
- Is Clegg-o-mania really fading? So sad. It would have been great to have a hung Parliament. Still looks pretty close to me.
- "You are abschaum der menschheit - scum of the earth."
- I had no idea that unemployment in Spain was at 20%.
- Boston hits .500. A reader was at a Toronto game this week and the echoes were annoying.
Maybe there will be another haiku entitled "So Many Aspirin" at the end of Saturday afternoon.