Not Big Bird just a big bird.
I am having a little difficulty coming to terms with the fact that Jay... Jay who has commented on this blog for yoinks, actual yoinks... did not know I have a logo. Made it myself when I was 41. So this is it. Jay: 'Hello, Mr. Logo." Mr. Logo (with a deeper voice): "Hello, Jay". There. That's done.
- The "They Were After My Town" Update: "And the third bomb would go off at a military base somewhere along Highway 401, between Toronto and Ottawa." Where else is a military base along the 401? Well, Trenton I suppose.
- "What Country!" Update: unemployment dropping. Said it before - amazing economy we have... mainly by the luck of geography and importing the most 'fraidy cat of business cultures through 300 plus years of immigration.
- It started when I was in high school and was called "the yuppie flu" as it sapped the will of baby boomers. Now they figured it out.
- I had no idea that I could pick up high school radio at work until the other day. Plenty of hits of the 80s. Teacher's oversight committees are gold.
- Just in time for Gourmet magazine's demise, I learn that not reusing the paper coffee filter is a crime against nature. Who knew these things were more J-cloth than Kleenex?
- Did you know algae only took a few years to rebound after the comet slammed into the Earth? It's all about stunning and amazing facts this week.
- Less charming is the fact that we are governed by consultants whose salaries flow from who knows where: "Asked Monday if he ever worked at the hospital network, which includes Toronto General, MacLeod replied, "No."" Excellent. Note the extra "a" in MacLeod.
- I don't know what to make of this. I am not of the "Obama = Satan" school that is out there but I still don't know where he is heading. Peace prize? For just not being in a telephone pals relationship with Dick Cheney? Maybe.
Friday beckons. A three day weekend beckons. Plans for the weekend? Dump run. Wooooooot!