Just a week off. Just one but, really, it's already begun in my mind. When did it start? When I began planning? When work got quiet from other people being away? It's always better on holiday.
- Death to the animals update: We salute you, cougar choker!
- Thanks for nothing, Norma.
- So even though we are not going to Ohio, there is plenty I want to see there, like the West Side Market in Cleveland. I figure there are sandwiches there I have never imagined. Cleveland to my Maritimer mind is like Madrid or Moscow. It's about as far as Sarnia.
- Another thing I need to do is study ice cream and I am happy to learn that Penn State offers a course even shorter than the short course on ice cream - a two day weekend version. Mango soft serve. Beet frozen custard. All I need is one of those machines with the handle and some learning.
- Our rural overlords have found their protectors, the staff of a Charlottetown hotel. Seems like the Liberals have come up with a great strategy in response to the Tory social gaff-fest: clam up. Has anyone heard a peep from any of them? Why would you when the NuGov is there to do a better job than any Opposition could.
- I rock elevation to elevation distance to horizon arguments.
- If I were a scientist, I would want to know how coelacanth tastes.
- I like this Russian move to claim the Arctic. Why? Because it strengthens our case for our north given that we would own 25% of the place and it makes it all the more likely that the NuGov's silly election promise will come to pass - the Arctic paratroopers. When I am an old man I want to read comic books with tales of the Cold War of 2015-2023 and the key role played by Lloyd of the New Brunswick regiment of Sky Force Arctic. Me and Vlad think alike:
President Vladimir V. Putin called the members of the expedition to thank them personally, an unmistakable sign of the significance of the claim to the Kremlin, which has reestablished itself as a world power in recent years in part through its control of its oil, gas, minerals and other commodities.Do you know what the "V" stands for? Vladimir.