Don't expect much from me today. What a thunder storm. Like the 1812 Symphony without the orchestra: boom, blam, whammo. What with the many mouths a wailing, not a lot of sleep. I almost wrote "flat chest" up there. One more week in August and therefore in summer. Summer really ends around here in October compared to the Maritimes but you know what I mean:
- Update #2: A neato series of photos from the collection of a new technology museaum in the UK with photos of things like a lump of concrete from 1899 and early 1900s analogue computers including one called "the totalisator" which is my new nickname for me.
- Update: Brendan Carney, subject of last fall's overly wrought series on the SU football team, made the pros.
- Nice to see the scoffing one dimensional right wing bloggers were wrong - again - as the police did infiltrate the wacko protest group at the summit. Darcey's comment makers display an interesting learning curve but Darcey's own response is gold:
Wouldn’t it be crazy if they were undercover protesters pretending to be police officers pretending to be protesters? That would be the ultimate...Or wouldn’t it be weird...if they were police who wanted to be involved in the protest? Maybe their overwhelming zeal was too much for some of the more moderate protesters on the line. This is a good story.Cheeky monkey. Far more entertaining that the scoffing one dimensional left wing bloggers
- What started as a funny idea for naming a sport team seems to end up in a grade seven locker room.
- If you ever worry about your own beer intake or, conversely, consider it boring check out Ron's series of posts of drinking his way thought Germany's Franconia region. Plenty of gems like this:
Andy met someone he recognised. It turned out to be Dan Shelton and his wife. He was making a documentary about Bamberg or something. I wasn't concentrating that much on the conversation. I was in my beer zone. Feeling the warm glow of contentment that comes after a morning's drinking. Very tall. I can remember that. Dan Shelton's very tall. And annoyingly skinny for someone who works with beer.
- Amy Winehouse update. I sent portland a copy. Let's see what happens.
- The Australian government has been tidying up wikipedia, too.