I remember like it was yesterday that it was recently not now but that was a lot longer ago than I recall.
What is going on? It is a moving day for someone I know and I am lending a hand so a half day. It is also a double party evening. It's been so long since one of them came a long I can't recall how they work. Sweater vest and red tie for the first, ball cap and mandolin for the latter. Have we discussed "mand-o-lin": violin for the hands, no?
- Old logo good, new logo swooptastic!!!
- This is neat if you have a British last name as illustrated by "Campbell" here.
- This is just weird:
When Christopher Fleming-Brown, a banker living in the exclusive area of Kensington, London, kicked a ball about with his five year-old son in a large private garden communally owned by the houses in his crescent, little did he know he would later face a two year court battle for inadvertently turning the garden into "a public recreation ground," contrary to the Town Gardens Protection Act 1863...[because]...[l]ast November, a magistrate court held that this game did not constitute football, as there were no ‘teams’ involved. According to the present law, they concluded, teams means football...What!!! I am not one to just on the "Europe is dying" bandwagon but this is just...what...they appealed?
This week, on her appeal, the High Court decided that Mr Fleming-Brown’s game had amounted to football, with Mr Lord Justice Waller saying that "By any common-sensical, natural interpretation the respondent and his son were playing football or a similar game."Well that's alright then.
- Well, I suppose I better make my call on the Liberal Leadership Campaign:
- Iggy - The Grit Stockwell Day. Day was elected, Iggy might be too. It will be weirder for a while and then it will be over.
- Rae - the nicest guy in Canadian politics. If he wins I might vote for him as I have usually voted for some version of a soft socialist with a faint hope of winning power. Experience and I expect him to give a great speech. My hometown Senator Hugh made the point that few of the candidates have ever spoken to a crowd of 5,000. Rae has.
- Dion - I don't know that he has done anything to attract the attention of anyone who isn't supporting him. Is he a Grit policy wonk?
- Kennedy - less a no-chancer than three weeks ago but corduroy jackets are so 1974 and also 1994. He would probably make a good leader but he can make a good leader next time. They have to vote for someone who can win in six months.
- Dryden - he played hockey, right?
- The others - there are others?
I will likely track tomorrow's second to sixth voting rounds via the radio.
NORTHEAST WINDS AHEAD OF THE LOW PRESSURE AREA WILL DRAW DOWN THE WATER LEVELS ON EASTERN LAKE ERIE...BY ABOUT 2 FEET. THE SUDDEN SHIFT IN WINDS ALONG THE LENGTH OF LAKE ERIE AS THE COLD FRONT PASSES BY WILL LIKELY SET UP PRONOUNCED SEICH AND FORECAST PRODUCTS ARE SHOWING A RISE OF 8 FEET FROM THE LOWERED WATER LEVEL TO THE HIGHER WATER AS THE LAKE SHLOSHES BACK. A LAKESHORE FLOOD WARNING WILL BE IN EFFECT FOR LAKE ERIE FOR THIS EVENING. LAKE RISES ARE POSSIBLE ON LAKE ONTARIO AS WELL...AS THIS STORM PATTERN IS SIMILAR TO AN EVENT IN FEBRUARY 2006. WATER LEVELS ALONG THE EASTERN SHORE OF LAKE ONTARIO AND THE UPPER SAINT LAWRENCE RIVER ROSE A COUPLE OF FEET FROM OSWEGO TO CAPE VINCENT AND DOWNSTREAM TO ALEXANDRIA BAY ON THE RIVER.Freaky. I wish there were some sort of over the counter product to deal with "PRONOUNCED SEICH". On the upside, this is a rare boogie boarding opportunity.
[Exeunt. Ovation. Bows. Exeunt. Fin.]