...it's off to work I go...
Things to note:
- Despite it being December 23rd, and it falling on a Friday, I full intend to be as productive as I would be on April 17th. Really. I. do.
- I don't plan to take a holiday break from blogging. Plenty do. Not me. I will have nothing to write about but one has to feed the beast.
- I am a very stupid person. Many know this in general but how is it that it took me almost three years to go into the Sleepless Goat on Princess Street? I went in twice yesterday - to get coffee on the recommendation of optimus (which I think might actually be optima - emphasis on the -ti-) and then again for supper when out shopping.
- Shopping in Kingston is great. To be fair, I do work with and like the good Downtown Kingston BIA folk but their efforts to keep a vibrant downtown have really worked if the ability to go to shops and find excellent things at fair prices is any measure. The range of cheeses and cheese acquisition places quite justifies the BIA's Division of Cheeses.
- The CBC Roundtable thing has turned out to be a rea treat - especially writing with folk that I had not read before. It is nice to have staff assigned to checking spelling, too. Accordingly, I mentally forward them a chocolate orange of the mind in thanks.
- Nice to see Canada whip Russia in world junior hockey exhibition play last night. During the Cold War it was always a treat when a Russian team came through town. I recall seeing the Canadian Olympians in the fall '83 take on the Russian "B" team, half of whom were called "Sergei" which the announcer could not pronounce. This was till in the day of the impression that the Russian hockey players were semi-super-human so that when they shot from beyond the blue line and missed by ten feet, the booming sound of the puck hitting the board made the crowd say "oooooooooh" as one.