I'm going to work. Are you going to work? We have to be productive today. This is a gravy day. Money made today is pure profit. So nose to the grindstone everyone. To that end, to be the "heigh-ho, heigh-ho" in your day, what have been the highlights of your year? Here are some categories:
- Best new condiment. I like little bottles full of the good stuff what adds to a cheese sandwich. I have my thoughts.
- Best song. There was a time this would have been more important than best condiment. Guess what. I. Grew. Up.
- Best movie: I can't recall if I went to one.
- Best t-shirt. What was the best new t-shirt you got. I should not have had to write that last sentence.
- Best Day. This really should be limited to the 17 days of the year in which the Creator and Mother Nature did not conspire and crack the whip at mankind.
- Best sporting event: extra points for the least activity involved whether participatory, attended or watched on TV.
- Best age: how old are you and did this year in life suck less than this year in the life of someone older or younger.
- Best colour. We see 17,847 colours every day yet we never really rank them. That is stopping right now.
- Best swan dive. Who in the political, entertainment or scientific worlds did the best fall. Remember playing best fall when a bunch of ten year old boys lined up on one side of the front lawn and one was at the other end. Each in the line in turn shouts out what impliment they want to be killed by as he runs out into the middle of the lawn as the one standing alone lets lose the tiger, shoots the pistol or lets fly the long bow. That is best fall. It is a metaphor for adult life. Children are not aware of that.