I have been wondering what I am doing with all this writing and posting photos and stuff. What I like about it is that I have, now in my 651st report from me, taken on the habit of observing that I dropped when I dropped my photography bug back in the mid-90's. If the Buddhists have anything going for them at an entry level, it is the call to be aware. But concurrent with that is the realization that so much of what you begin to notice is unpleasant. I am, for example, tired of writing about news and politics because so much of the news and politics is ungood. Consider these matters just from the Canadian Federal governance bulletin board of screw-ups these days:
- A candidate for the new Conservative Party of Canada alleges thousands of her supporters are left off the list - and now others appear to have been left off as well;
- Similarly, the governing Liberals have had problems running a single riding nomination convention and ensuring the former Deputy Prime Minister moves on;
- The governing Liberals have exposed themselves as riddled with slush funding in the area of $100 million dollars;
- The military has apparently spent $160 million for computers and software that never existed;
- Elsewhere, the Feds wrote the richest family in Canada a cheque for $55 million with few string attached - a point not made clear at the time of the announcement.
So where do I go? Right now it is the photo bloggers. I should hunt out more but for a breath of air in the information overload you can do worse than checking out Place + Thyme or Satan's Laundromat.