Just to confirm and solely thanks to Adam's hard work over the weekend, the semi-perma-link to your upper right will now take you to the custom site he has prepared for the official Gen X at 40 unauthorized NHL hockey playoffs pool. Once the teams are set for the playoffs in a week and a bit, the available picks for each category will magically appear. [Ed.: This is all magic, right?]
Anyway, here are the rules just so you can each (...especially you googlecrawler14...) begin your route to the Root...as it were.
Pick ten scorers, one goon, one goalie, eight teams and a dark horse.As this is free, legal and has no real side effects, entries are most welcome from Crisp Australians as well as Ale-Fans of all nations. Past winners include such luminaries as me, people I know whose names begin with "Z" as well as my brother.
- A point for a goal by a scorer
- A point for an assist by a scorer
- A point for a penalty minute by a goon. If your goon is kicked out of the playoffs and thereby the pool, you double the penalty minutes he has achieved to that point. The logic here is that the goon is a nut-bar. The later that he freaks and gets tossed for the balance of the playoffs, the more nut-bar like he is, the more he is the essential goon. (I think this doubling your goon points factor is Adam's new rule for this year and I like it!)
- A point for each thousandth save percentage over .900 by your goalie
- 5 points for picking each of the teams in the second, third and fourth rounds.
- 25 bonus points for picking the dark horse - the team with the lowest regular season points to go the farthest in the playoffs. The dark horse must be seeded in the lower half of their conference.