Highlights so far:
- Woke up at 7:57 am. Alarm messed up.
- Called at 8:01 am. Do not come to work but stand by in case needed by my boss the City to man a phone or something.
- Watched private golf course across street water fairways 8:01 am to present.
- Watched Howie Mandel on Regis and Kelly for 2 minutes. Considered why blackout such a bad thing.
- Co-worker calls to say he is heading out to the cottage and planned supper off. Noticed lack of invite. Then again I can't stand me for three days.
- 11:00 am listened to Mel Lastman, Mayor of Toronto, talk of difficulties Toronto had faced. Noticed similarity to recent interview of Keith Richards discussing difficulties Toronto had faced.
- Following good Toronto coverage from The Flea.
My plan for the afternoon is a search for a box of chilly clinky ales, conserving energy - not just the grid's... my own, switch back and forth between local Canadian and US radio stations to follow the game of "blame the other's electrical infrastructure" ping-pong.
Later: No power from 3:30 to about 8:00 pm. Molson Stock Ale plus wedge of lemon = Molrona. Clear night so heat should clear down here by the lake. Had a picnic supper in the park. Big waves crashing in from the heart of the big pond to the south west. Stick some dulse up my nose and it could be Lunenburg.